Thursday, February 14, 2008

Glass Half Full!

Well, I've decided to take a break for a spell from discussing that which gives me major indigestion to focusing on those things that give me pleasure, and sometimes even joy. Perhaps I should open a new blog for this purpose, but I'm only taking a respite, not a permanent vacation from the jolly disaster review. What do you like to do, I mean, love to do? It is very easy to lose sight of the many splendors of life as the bleak news piles up about all manner of very important things.

Here's a list of some activities that I love in no particular order.

1.) Composing, playing piano-specifically old jazz standards- you know Great American Songbook tunes.
2.) Reading a well written piece of fiction or non-fiction.
3.) Preparing and eating, (especially eating) a delicious meal.
4.) Skydiving and hang gliding- No, I don't actually love them as I've never done either. The closest I've ever come to that sort of madness was doing barrel rolls in a Sopwith Camel, or whatever it was. Never again!
5.) Traveling-except for the voyage.
6.) Stuff related to the theatre.
7.) Board games.
8.) Commenting on the world, duh!
9.) Playing with my puppy, who isn't really a puppy anymore, but I still pretend that he is.

And you?

No comments: